Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2009

the perfect adventure

On Friday, Candice and I were looking for an adventure and everyone else wanted to stay home and "get things done." I figured, I'm in England! I can get things done later! ;)
So Candice and I took a train ride to Hebden Bridge (free since it was close enough to be on our metro passes) and walked through town (which was very little) to the trailhead for Hardcastle Crags. We started out on a trail along a river in the woods. It was gorgeous!
And of course, I had to get in... :D
It was so beautiful; it was good for the soul...
It was a little cloudy, and misty on and off (but it wasn't cold). The droplets on the flowers and plants made everything look so cool!
One of the bridges we crossed
We found a sweet tree that I couldn't resist climbing!Then the trail turned up a hill and headed back the direction we came from, but ON TOP of the hill! We were walking amongst quaint little farms and sheep fields, on a road in what felt like the middle of nowhere, not sure exactly where we were going (but that was half the fun!), and had a view of the same on other hills around us! It was so awesome! I just kept saying to Candice, "I can't believe we're really here!" It was so cool; I can't even explain it! Man, Dad, you should have been raised on a farm here! ;)At one point I started talking to the sheep (yes, I was "baa"-ing) and one of the little lambs started talking back! ...or more like yelling back. :) Every time I would start walking away, he would look straight at me and yell over and over. It was so funny!We kept passing all these "public footpath" signs and would take one, just for kicks, but it would just go from the main road down to somebody's house...so much for a public footpath! :)


It was just such a great day! 1) It was just Candice and I, 2) we didn't know really where we were going most of the time, and 3) we got to see some of the most beautiful countryside ever! - yeah, you're never going to stop hearing about it ;)

It was quite the adventure! Probably the best one so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment