Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hermana King and her companion Hermana Naa at a ward activity with some of the kids....Isn't she gorgeous! That must be what the spirit does to you. Here are some little things from her email this week...

something funny about Latinos…is that when they sing, they don´t have pitch at all. It was something I learned a little about in the CCM, but here in our ward, it´s even better. Its interesting to be in our ward during hymns, but you can still feel the spirit. OH what fun…

-pupusas = no its not with plaintains....it´s like a little pancake thing with cheese inside...really good!
-no, I don´t wear dangly earrings...i heard something got them ripped out of their ears here, so I only wear small ones and sometimes nothing at all...as people already think Gringos have ¨pisto¨ (lots of money).
So I gave a shot to one of our investigators this week!! Ha- I thought I would be leaving behind all my nursing staff. She needed it done, and they asked, so I did it. It was a ventrogluteal (I think…I can´t remember if that´s the right name – ha!)….I was a little nervous, but it was fine and she said she didn´t feel a thing. So we had 4 days this week with no water in our apt. GOod thing we have to buy our water to drink anyways...but we have a big trash can thing that we fill with water for times like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment